Elm Grove - A 31-year-old Kenosha County man was killed in a tree cutting accident shortly before 10 a.m. Friday at a home in the 14100 block of St. George Court, village police said.
Dale Simek of Trevor died after the tree on which he was working collapsed and he fell to the ground, Assistant Police Chief Gus Moulas said.
Simek was part of a three-member crew from Affordable Tree Care of Sturtevant that was cutting down the large tree.
Simek was about 42 feet above the base of the tree, removing an upper section, when the lower part of the tree became unstable and fell, Moulas said in a news release.
It appeared Simek suffered traumatic injuries as a result of the fall, Moulas said. Simek was secured by safety harnesses attached to the tree.
The other two workers were on the ground and were not injured.
Simek had worked for the company for four years, according to police.
Elm Grove police, the Waukesha County medical examiner's office and the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating, Moulas said.
An autopsy will be conducted.
- Mike Johnson
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18