WhimsiKidz will be leaving the village in March, after seven years in Elm Grove.
"The location is not good for walking traffic," owner Heidi Swan-Mikich said of the current location at 12898 Bluemound Road.
On March 1, WhimsiKidz, a children's hair salon and boutique, will move into the Swan building at 1346 Wauwatosa Ave. in Wauwatosa.
"It will be nice to be in the building my family has had for years," she said, also citing the potential community involvement with other businesses in Wauwatosa.
Swan-Mikich anticipates the business will be closed for four days for moving purposes the week prior to March 1.
The phone number of WhimsiKidz will change as a result of the move, and the new one will be posted on the business' Web site, whimsikidz.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29