Mardi Paws was the theme of the Elmbrook Humane Society's annual fundraiser. Many of the guests wore beads, feathers and crowns to get into the spirit of the Mardi Gras-inspired celebration held at Westmoor Country Club.
The mission of the Elmbrook Humane Society is to promote the human-animal bond through adoption and education, provide shelter to homeless animals and prevent animal cruelty and neglect. The committee arranging the benefit included Karen Sparpani, Stephanie Soerens, Beth and Jim Slocum, who chaired the event, Kristina Skof, Sally Piefer, Kathy and Bill Meyer, Pam MacArthur, Cynthia Dennis, Board President Barbara Baron and Janet Awe.
Some of those at the gala included board members Jill and Craig Haupt of Mukwonago; Linda and Gary Gerschke, Kelly Gray, Gus Moulas, Dori andRon Nelson and Barbara Salisbury, all of Elm Grove; Pam Kandziora, Richard Averbeck, Michelle Miller and Joanne Peterson, all of Brookfield; Cheryl andJohn Aschenbrenner of Nashotah; Laura Skof of Menomonee Falls; Erica Rouleau of Hartland; and Marcia Ridley of Pewaukee.
Lorayne Ritt covers events held by Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send a fax to (262) 650-0275.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Midwest Gaming Classic to bring plenty of fun to Sheraton
- Elm Grove Junior Guild's Tree of Giving returns
- In Brief: Recycling event planned in May
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: March 19
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Wheelchair basketball conference championship coming to Brookfield