Mardi Paws was the theme of the Elmbrook Humane Society's annual fundraiser. Many of the guests wore beads, feathers and crowns to get into the spirit of the Mardi Gras-inspired celebration held at Westmoor Country Club.
The mission of the Elmbrook Humane Society is to promote the human-animal bond through adoption and education, provide shelter to homeless animals and prevent animal cruelty and neglect. The committee arranging the benefit included Karen Sparpani, Stephanie Soerens, Beth and Jim Slocum, who chaired the event, Kristina Skof, Sally Piefer, Kathy and Bill Meyer, Pam MacArthur, Cynthia Dennis, Board President Barbara Baron and Janet Awe.
Some of those at the gala included board members Jill and Craig Haupt of Mukwonago; Linda and Gary Gerschke, Kelly Gray, Gus Moulas, Dori andRon Nelson and Barbara Salisbury, all of Elm Grove; Pam Kandziora, Richard Averbeck, Michelle Miller and Joanne Peterson, all of Brookfield; Cheryl andJohn Aschenbrenner of Nashotah; Laura Skof of Menomonee Falls; Erica Rouleau of Hartland; and Marcia Ridley of Pewaukee.
Lorayne Ritt covers events held by Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send a fax to (262) 650-0275.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Jan. 22
- Human trafficking documentary to be screened at Brookfield theater
- Town of Waukesha wins appeal in Town of Brookfield's annexation effort
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan 22
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Jan. 22