Mardi Paws was the theme of the Elmbrook Humane Society's annual fundraiser. Many of the guests wore beads, feathers and crowns to get into the spirit of the Mardi Gras-inspired celebration held at Westmoor Country Club.
The mission of the Elmbrook Humane Society is to promote the human-animal bond through adoption and education, provide shelter to homeless animals and prevent animal cruelty and neglect. The committee arranging the benefit included Karen Sparpani, Stephanie Soerens, Beth and Jim Slocum, who chaired the event, Kristina Skof, Sally Piefer, Kathy and Bill Meyer, Pam MacArthur, Cynthia Dennis, Board President Barbara Baron and Janet Awe.
Some of those at the gala included board members Jill and Craig Haupt of Mukwonago; Linda and Gary Gerschke, Kelly Gray, Gus Moulas, Dori andRon Nelson and Barbara Salisbury, all of Elm Grove; Pam Kandziora, Richard Averbeck, Michelle Miller and Joanne Peterson, all of Brookfield; Cheryl andJohn Aschenbrenner of Nashotah; Laura Skof of Menomonee Falls; Erica Rouleau of Hartland; and Marcia Ridley of Pewaukee.
Lorayne Ritt covers events held by Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send a fax to (262) 650-0275.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove approves of gourmet grilled cheese
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Planner: Oct. 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Nov. 4 ballot features six contested races
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 30
- Elm Grove levy projected to increase 1.03 percent
- Brookfield still pecking at chicken issue
- Elm Grove waste removal to remain the same