Mardi Paws was the theme of the Elmbrook Humane Society's annual fundraiser. Many of the guests wore beads, feathers and crowns to get into the spirit of the Mardi Gras-inspired celebration held at Westmoor Country Club.
The mission of the Elmbrook Humane Society is to promote the human-animal bond through adoption and education, provide shelter to homeless animals and prevent animal cruelty and neglect. The committee arranging the benefit included Karen Sparpani, Stephanie Soerens, Beth and Jim Slocum, who chaired the event, Kristina Skof, Sally Piefer, Kathy and Bill Meyer, Pam MacArthur, Cynthia Dennis, Board President Barbara Baron and Janet Awe.
Some of those at the gala included board members Jill and Craig Haupt of Mukwonago; Linda and Gary Gerschke, Kelly Gray, Gus Moulas, Dori andRon Nelson and Barbara Salisbury, all of Elm Grove; Pam Kandziora, Richard Averbeck, Michelle Miller and Joanne Peterson, all of Brookfield; Cheryl andJohn Aschenbrenner of Nashotah; Laura Skof of Menomonee Falls; Erica Rouleau of Hartland; and Marcia Ridley of Pewaukee.
Lorayne Ritt covers events held by Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send a fax to (262) 650-0275.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- Roundabout moves forward at Brookfield, North
- Resident calls for bike signage in village
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Police Report: April 15
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Local seniors find friendship, romance through music
- Brookfield East teens build Honda 350 from salvaged motorcycle parts
- In Our Schools: April 14