A 13-year-old New Berlin girl was referred to Waukesha County Juvenile Court on a charge of strangulation after she choked a boy on a Wisconsin Hills Middle School bus last week.
According to police, the girl was riding on the bus when she dropped her cell phone. A boy picked up the phone and would not give it back, so the girl choked him for several seconds until he returned it.
The boy said he had a sore throat, but he did not require any medical treatment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Sensenbrenner tells Brookfield Republicans flag should not have been lowered for Mandela
- Elmbrook refinances debt services at lower rate, saves taxpayers $350,000