A 13-year-old New Berlin girl was referred to Waukesha County Juvenile Court on a charge of strangulation after she choked a boy on a Wisconsin Hills Middle School bus last week.
According to police, the girl was riding on the bus when she dropped her cell phone. A boy picked up the phone and would not give it back, so the girl choked him for several seconds until he returned it.
The boy said he had a sore throat, but he did not require any medical treatment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Midwest Gaming Classic to bring plenty of fun to Sheraton
- Elm Grove Junior Guild's Tree of Giving returns
- In Brief: Recycling event planned in May
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: March 19
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Wheelchair basketball conference championship coming to Brookfield
- Early beginnings: Brookfield Central High senior becomes accomplished student composer
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design