A 13-year-old New Berlin girl was referred to Waukesha County Juvenile Court on a charge of strangulation after she choked a boy on a Wisconsin Hills Middle School bus last week.
According to police, the girl was riding on the bus when she dropped her cell phone. A boy picked up the phone and would not give it back, so the girl choked him for several seconds until he returned it.
The boy said he had a sore throat, but he did not require any medical treatment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: July 24
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney
- Local couple looks to re-energize fitness center
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- County accepting bids for demolition of Eble Barn
- Elm Grove Notes: July 24