A 13-year-old New Berlin girl was referred to Waukesha County Juvenile Court on a charge of strangulation after she choked a boy on a Wisconsin Hills Middle School bus last week.
According to police, the girl was riding on the bus when she dropped her cell phone. A boy picked up the phone and would not give it back, so the girl choked him for several seconds until he returned it.
The boy said he had a sore throat, but he did not require any medical treatment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trading places: Student officers learn about crime scenes and evidence collection
- Brookfield mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser to help Boston Marathon victims
- Police report: May 21
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Water main project in Elm Grove could cause delays
- In Our Schools: May 20
- News & Notes: May 20
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center