A 17-year-old Brookfield boy suspected of participating in an attack on four Wauwatosa West High School cross-country runners last fall has been charged with delinquency in Waukesha County Children's Court.
According to the delinquency petition, the boy is being charged with disorderly conduct as a party to a crime.
Two 18-year-old Brookfield men, David Jameson and Jonathan Bibb, also have been accused of participating in the beating. They pleaded not guilty last month to disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor that carries a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine and/or 90 days imprisonment.
A hearing is scheduled for Jameson and Bibb on May 3 in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
The three Brookfield residents are accused of beating four Wauwatosa West students Oct. 21 while the athletes were on a routine practice run through Brookfield's Lamplighter Park.
According to the criminal complaint, delinquency petition and police reports:
The four Wauwatosa West students, ages 14, 15, 17 and 18, were on a practice run near the pavilion area of Lamplighter Park about 3:30 p.m.
Jameson and Bibb were in a vehicle heading north on Burlawn Parkway. When they passed by the runners, Jameson gestured to the runners with both middle fingers. The runners also made gestures toward the suspects.
All four of the Wauwatosa students told police that one of the suspects yelled a racial slur at one of the runners, who is African-American.
Jameson and Bibb then picked up the Brookfield boy, who was walking home from school, and drove by the runners again. This time, Bibb swerved the car toward the runners before pulling over. All three suspects exited the vehicle. Words and gestures were exchanged.
Though witness statements conflict, most say the 17-year-old Wauwatosa boy threw the first punch and a fight ensued.
The suspects fled when they noticed a nearby resident making a phone call.
One of the Wauwatosa West students had to have stitches after the fight.
- Isral DeBruin
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18