Fairview South School meets the needs of students ages 10 to 2l with cognitive disabilities. Although it is located in Brookfield, the school serves students from all over the county, as well as surrounding areas.
Recently, a Ladies Night Out was held at the Elm Grove Woman's Club to support the school. Guests were encouraged to get glamorous in a bridesmaid or mother-of-the-bride outfit that they had in the back of their closets to attend the fundraiser. Boutique shopping, appetizers, live music and fun with friends were highlights of the evening.
Organizing the event were Tanya Fredrich of Oconomowoc, Mindy Knippel of Muskego and Angie Roach, Amy Anderson and Karen Kaltenbrun, all of Brookfield. Some of those attending included Julie Turkoske and Lisa Kiehl of Waukesha, Victoria Adesokan of Sussex, Leslie Gray of Pewaukee and Linda Mindel, Julie Holloway and Diana Sherman, all of Brookfield.
Lorayne Ritt covers Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi's request for more funding supported by users of the service
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 18
- In Brief: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept.18
- Brookfield students raise $500 for Elmbrook Humane Society
- Elm Grove experiencing a spree of thefts
- Falls Village Board Approves TIF No. 12
- Brookfield project would call for city outlay of up to $2.6 million