Fairview South School meets the needs of students ages 10 to 2l with cognitive disabilities. Although it is located in Brookfield, the school serves students from all over the county, as well as surrounding areas.
Recently, a Ladies Night Out was held at the Elm Grove Woman's Club to support the school. Guests were encouraged to get glamorous in a bridesmaid or mother-of-the-bride outfit that they had in the back of their closets to attend the fundraiser. Boutique shopping, appetizers, live music and fun with friends were highlights of the evening.
Organizing the event were Tanya Fredrich of Oconomowoc, Mindy Knippel of Muskego and Angie Roach, Amy Anderson and Karen Kaltenbrun, all of Brookfield. Some of those attending included Julie Turkoske and Lisa Kiehl of Waukesha, Victoria Adesokan of Sussex, Leslie Gray of Pewaukee and Linda Mindel, Julie Holloway and Diana Sherman, all of Brookfield.
Lorayne Ritt covers Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send an e-mail at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Jan. 22
- Human trafficking documentary to be screened at Brookfield theater
- Town of Waukesha wins appeal in Town of Brookfield's annexation effort