Fairview South School meets the needs of students ages 10 to 2l with cognitive disabilities. Although it is located in Brookfield, the school serves students from all over the county, as well as surrounding areas.
Recently, a Ladies Night Out was held at the Elm Grove Woman's Club to support the school. Guests were encouraged to get glamorous in a bridesmaid or mother-of-the-bride outfit that they had in the back of their closets to attend the fundraiser. Boutique shopping, appetizers, live music and fun with friends were highlights of the evening.
Organizing the event were Tanya Fredrich of Oconomowoc, Mindy Knippel of Muskego and Angie Roach, Amy Anderson and Karen Kaltenbrun, all of Brookfield. Some of those attending included Julie Turkoske and Lisa Kiehl of Waukesha, Victoria Adesokan of Sussex, Leslie Gray of Pewaukee and Linda Mindel, Julie Holloway and Diana Sherman, all of Brookfield.
Lorayne Ritt covers Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence
- Grilled cheese specialty restaurant Tom and Chee plans spring opening in Elm Grove