Fairview South School meets the needs of students ages 10 to 2l with cognitive disabilities. Although it is located in Brookfield, the school serves students from all over the county, as well as surrounding areas.
Recently, a Ladies Night Out was held at the Elm Grove Woman's Club to support the school. Guests were encouraged to get glamorous in a bridesmaid or mother-of-the-bride outfit that they had in the back of their closets to attend the fundraiser. Boutique shopping, appetizers, live music and fun with friends were highlights of the evening.
Organizing the event were Tanya Fredrich of Oconomowoc, Mindy Knippel of Muskego and Angie Roach, Amy Anderson and Karen Kaltenbrun, all of Brookfield. Some of those attending included Julie Turkoske and Lisa Kiehl of Waukesha, Victoria Adesokan of Sussex, Leslie Gray of Pewaukee and Linda Mindel, Julie Holloway and Diana Sherman, all of Brookfield.
Lorayne Ritt covers Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send an e-mail at email@example.com.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18