An Elm Grove shopping center will be allowed to hold weekend sidewalk sales.
The Plan Commission on Monday gave the green light to the request of Elm Grove Park and Shop, 13425 Watertown Plank Road, to hold sidewalk sales outside the center's stores on weekend days. Businesses will set up tables outside their shops with promotional and sale items, and a banner advertising the sales will be placed outside the center's main sign 10 to 14 days before the sale.
Commissioner Wayne Higgins said there have been sidewalk sales at the center in the past, but this is the first time he can remember that the center sought a permit to hold them.
Korkos Investments, which is run by Elm Grove residents Tom and Christina Korkos, took over ownership of the center in January.
- Alan Hamari
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Guaranty Bank in Brookfield robbed
- Residents wait for answers on cell tower
- Business owners launch school funding initiative
- Elmbrook students honor most influential teachers
- St. John Vianney celebrates year's end with Grills and Guitars
- High school seniors can leave building during study hall period
- Grab a Bite: Colonel Hart's: A true neighborhood hangout
- Police Report: May 15
- Brookfield tries to improve look of old industrial buildings