Patrick Kressin, a landscape architect with Graef Engineering and member of the village's Public Works Board, will be the only new face on the Elm Grove Village Board following Tuesday's election. He will replace Trustee John Mazur, who did not seek re-election.
Incumbent trustees George Haas and John Domaszek will keep their seats.
About 13 percent of the 4,709 registered voters in Elm Grove cast ballots.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
George Haas (i) 423
John Domaszek (i) 381
Patrick Kressin 372
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which met Wednesday after press deadline.
Kressin, who has lived in the village for 11 years, has said he thinks his unique career experience on projects like Bayshore Mall and Underwood Crossing that will benefit the board.
Domaszek, an attorney with the Sorrentino Burkert Law Group, said he thinks he has represented the perspective of many younger families in the village, working on projects like the Juneau Pathway, and hopes to contribute in the future to redeveloping the downtown area.
George Haas, a patent attorney with Quarles & Brady, said he serves on the board to give back to the community, and sees the biggest challenge moving forward to be holding down taxes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: March 5
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence