Are those coyote howls being heard in Brookfield?
Issue: A reader believes she sometimes hears coyotes howling in the Imperial Estates subdivision at night. She wants to know if there have been any coyotes reported and what dangers coyotes present.
Status: Lt. Bruce Schell of the City of Brookfield Police Department said he is not aware of any calls reporting coyotes but that there most likely are coyotes in the city at times. He added that coyotes generally are not something residents should be concerned about and pointed me to the village of Fox Point's website, which he said provides good information about coyotes in southeastern Wisconsin.
"Coyotes are typically not aggressive toward humans and are generally fearful of them," according to the website. But, the website adds that coyotes may attack domestic animals and recommends that pet owners avoid leaving pets outside unattended between dusk and dawn.
For more information go to www.vil.fox-point.wi.us, and type "coyote" in the search box.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Ask Now: Library staff reorganization promotes flexibility
- Ask Now: When will the TIF referendum topic be discussed?
- Ask Now: Why are Christmas trees allowed in public spaces?
- Ask Now: What is MSO?
- Ask Now: Can you burn leaves in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Why are Brookfield utility bills going to West Allis?
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road?
- Ask Now: Do park hours change with the seasons?
- Ask Now: More roundabouts coming?
- Ask Now: How do I get an idea to the common council?
- Ask Now: Soil samples taken at Pilgrim and Gebhardt in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why the yellow blinking arrows?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What's up with Fun World?
- Ask Now: Does the city get involved when similar businesses seek to open?
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Ask Now: Does the city police department collect prescription drugs?
- Ask Now: Who reviews city architecture?
- Ask Now: Who guards the lifeguards from the sun?
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?