Are those coyote howls being heard in Brookfield?
Issue: A reader believes she sometimes hears coyotes howling in the Imperial Estates subdivision at night. She wants to know if there have been any coyotes reported and what dangers coyotes present.
Status: Lt. Bruce Schell of the City of Brookfield Police Department said he is not aware of any calls reporting coyotes but that there most likely are coyotes in the city at times. He added that coyotes generally are not something residents should be concerned about and pointed me to the village of Fox Point's website, which he said provides good information about coyotes in southeastern Wisconsin.
"Coyotes are typically not aggressive toward humans and are generally fearful of them," according to the website. But, the website adds that coyotes may attack domestic animals and recommends that pet owners avoid leaving pets outside unattended between dusk and dawn.
For more information go to www.vil.fox-point.wi.us, and type "coyote" in the search box.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Ask NOW: Are there plans for improvements at Calhoun and Burleigh roads?
- Ask NOW: What's going on in the old Ethan Allen store?
- Ask NOW: How many dump trucks of dirt will be coming out of the Corners?
- Ask NOW: Does Brookfield pay its interns?
- Ask NOW: What's happening to Applebee's?
- Ask NOW: Will residents soon have to take trash to the curb?
- Ask NOW: Has moving fire station caused delays for responses to Brookfield Square?
- Ask NOW: How can the city get a park on the Sileno property?
- Ask NOW: Does BRAD group have conflict of interest?
- Ask NOW: Who is Goerke?
- Ask NOW: What is required of school buses crossing tracks?
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- Ask NOW: Are there local families who will use a food pantry this Thanksgiving?
- Ask NOW: Why are there barriers at Brookfield Road and North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will sidewalks on Capitol Drive be cleared of snow this winter?
- Ask NOW: Are little roadside libraries allowed in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: What are costs of maintaining and demolishing Eble Park barn?
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cutting the grass along the new sidewalk on Capitol Drive?