Issue: Several readers have written to me because they are curious to know whether the Trader Joe's on Bluemound Road will still open for business as planned. According to the readers, there have been rumors that the store is no longer coming to Brookfield.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said the city has every reason to believe the store will open on schedule.
Ryan Marks, managing director of Ryan Companies, which is handling this development project, said things are going well and the store should open the first week of November. He added that the exterior is completed, and now the company is focusing on finishing the interior.
"Any suggestion that Trader Joe's will not be opening is misplaced," Ertl said. "We've heard this rumor at least 10 times now, but it is unsubstantiated.
"We're looking forward to having Trader Joe's join Brookfield's collection of fine stores."
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- Ask Now: What ever happened to all the changes for Capitol Drive?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will BEGIN host more programs?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?