Issue: Several readers have written to me because they are curious to know whether the Trader Joe's on Bluemound Road will still open for business as planned. According to the readers, there have been rumors that the store is no longer coming to Brookfield.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said the city has every reason to believe the store will open on schedule.
Ryan Marks, managing director of Ryan Companies, which is handling this development project, said things are going well and the store should open the first week of November. He added that the exterior is completed, and now the company is focusing on finishing the interior.
"Any suggestion that Trader Joe's will not be opening is misplaced," Ertl said. "We've heard this rumor at least 10 times now, but it is unsubstantiated.
"We're looking forward to having Trader Joe's join Brookfield's collection of fine stores."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: How are traffic cameras being used?
- Ask NOW: Who's responsible for clearing snow in city?
- Ask NOW: Driver annoyed she can't turn left at 144th and Capitol
- Ask NOW: Are more changes planned for Imperial Park?
- Ask NOW: Where are city vehicles repaired?
- Ask NOW: Reader doesn't like Capitol Drive sidewalks
- Ask NOW: Is Brookfield still trying to incorporate?
- Ask NOW: What's the story behind the Stagecoach Inn Museum?
- Ask NOW: Eble farm house torn down due to poor condition
- Ask NOW: Manhole frames recessed for a reason
- Ask NOW: Bluemound Road lanes are narrower now
- Ask NOW: Addresses too hard to see along Bluemound Road
- Ask NOW: Are any new stores on their way to Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: Does Brookfield have enough water?
- Ask NOW: Are there coyotes in Brookfield?