Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
Feedback on the completed pathway along Juneau Boulevard in the village of Elm Grove has been largely positive. When will the village continue to expand its pedestrian options?
Answer: The village does have some preliminary plans to build more paths along arterial roads; however, all construction is at least five years away.
"The Village Board has looked at other paths," said Elm Grove Village Manager Dave DeAngelis. "They wanted to get (the Juneau) pathway done and then look at prioritizing other ones. We are looking at putting them into our regular five-year capital plan."
The village's five-year capital plan is a rotating plan that foresees future expenses. No other pathways in the village are currently in the plan, and, as such, any further construction of pathways in Elm Grove is at least five years away.
The village's top priorities for additional pathways would include construction on Watertown Plank Road west of Highland Drive, along Gebhardt Road, along Highland and from Westover Road to Pilgrim Park Middle School.
"The discussion around having off-road pathways is for those high-traffic areas with visibility issues," DeAngelis said. "It gets people off the streets. Our streets in some places are so narrow."
He added that it is difficult to estimate the cost of a pathway due to the wide variety of factors that can affect the bottom line.
"Each one is completely different because it totally depends on where it is, how much grading you have to do, whether there's storm water involved," DeAngelis said. "It can be relatively inexpensive to extremely expensive."
The Juneau Boulevard pathway came in under budget, with Elm Grove having set aside around $300,000. The final total came in at $271,695.
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?
- Ask Now: Where should Brookfield residents take their Christmas trees?
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?
- Ask Now: Path sharing problems in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?