Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
How will demo work for the Corners affect residents?
Question: With demolition and excavation work for the Corners development poised to begin any week now, how will residents be affected?
Answer: Before construction on the Corners development in the town of Brookfield can begin, Tri-North Builders plans to level out the property on the southeast corner of Barker and Bluemound roads to the elevation of the old Menards lot.
This requires moving a lot of dirt — about 200,000 cubic yards of it, according to Thomas Thayer, president of Tri-North. With dump trucks typically holding 10 to 15 cubic yards, that means it could take up to 20,000 dump truck trips to remove it.
Hoping to accomplish demolition and excavation within 65 days, Thayer said, there could be about 300 dump trucks leaving the site per day until the project is complete.
Thayer said the trucks will mostly be limited to operating between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. The trucks will take various routes, turning left and right onto Bluemound Road, heading for four dumping sites.
Gary Lake, the town's building and zoning administrator, said the demolition, which will consume the first couple weeks of the process, will be the first step in eliminating the "blight" of the mostly vacant buildings sitting on the Corners property.
"Tearing down the buildings will have a big psychological impact on the community," Lake said. "That will really be a boost."
Will the Venice Club live on?
Question: With the passing of the owner, will the Venice Club continue doing business?
Answer: The owner of the Venice Club, Antoinette "Toni" Balistreri Radler, died Jan. 23, but her brother, Casper Balistreri, said he hopes it won't be the end of the restaurant, which has hosted countless community events over the years. Balistreri said the management team is working to keep the Venice Club in business, but did not have more details to share at this point.
Email Rory Linnane with your question at email@example.com.
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: How much are TIFs costing the city?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What will be done about the Elm Grove railroad crossing?
- Brookfield Ask Now: What are the plow drivers up to?
- Ask Now: How is Elm Grove's future park plan coming along?