Is library's checkout process really most efficient?
Issue: A reader wants to know why the Brookfield Public Library doesn't have a single line at the checkout area instead of multiple lines that move at different speeds.
Status: Edell Schaefer, library director, said she has considered this idea, but one line would not be possible because of the building design. People are coming to the checkout from both the adult side and the children's side of the library so it would be difficult to have one line.
Schaefer added that there is a wall that restricts where the line could go and because of the limited space, one line would cause congestion and block people as they try to walk through that area.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Ask Now: Should Brookfield bikers be excited?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Burger King in the Town of Brookfield?
- Brookfield AskNOW for June 26: Where are the jobs?
- Ask NOW: Which side is the rich side of town?
- Ask NOW: How many elm trees does the Village of Elm Grove actually have?
- Ask NOW: Where did the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts get its name?
- Ask NOW: Should people take more care with their lawn care?
- Ask NOW: Can cars go over grass in order to pass on the right?
- Ask NOW: Reader wonders if bicyclists should use pathways
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident wonders when he is allowed to pass on the right
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident worried about pedestrians at Kinsey Park
- Ask NOW: How should residents handle suspicious solicitors?
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Ask NOW: Reader's question leads to signage change
- Ask NOW: Will Elmbrook Church respond to the gun left in the bathroom?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a stop sign at Main Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Ask NOW: What can residents do about phone scams?