Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
Reader calls Brookfield Road pathway 'almost unusable'
Question: A reader said the wooden walking path on Brookfield Road south of Gebhardt Road is sinking and has become uneven. "Who designed this walkway, and shouldn't they be held responsible to correct the problems?" he asked.
Response: Director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry Bill Kolstad said if there are any problems with the pathway, they will be caught in the department's annual inspection, which will take place in the next week.
The boardwalk starts in Rolling Meadows Park, runs south and stops short of Bluemound Road.
The path, which was constructed in 2012, is closed for parts of the winter because it cannot be plowed. It was open as of Tuesday, April 15, though dusted in snow.
Generally, Kolstad said, the winters don't affect the structures of the wooden pathways, which they also have at Mitchell Park. But it's been a particularly harsh winter.
If the path has sunk, Kolstad said, staff will be able to adjust its height where necessary.
Submit your question for Ask NOW by sending an email to Rory Linnane at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Ask Now: Is Big Brother watching you?
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Is River Birch Drive a public trail or a private drive?
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Ask Now: Are well owners hooked up to city water required to get permit?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove looks toward more walking paths
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Ask Now: Should Brookfield bikers be excited?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Burger King in the Town of Brookfield?
- Brookfield AskNOW for June 26: Where are the jobs?
- Ask NOW: Which side is the rich side of town?