Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
Reader calls Brookfield Road pathway 'almost unusable'
Question: A reader said the wooden walking path on Brookfield Road south of Gebhardt Road is sinking and has become uneven. "Who designed this walkway, and shouldn't they be held responsible to correct the problems?" he asked.
Response: Director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry Bill Kolstad said if there are any problems with the pathway, they will be caught in the department's annual inspection, which will take place in the next week.
The boardwalk starts in Rolling Meadows Park, runs south and stops short of Bluemound Road.
The path, which was constructed in 2012, is closed for parts of the winter because it cannot be plowed. It was open as of Tuesday, April 15, though dusted in snow.
Generally, Kolstad said, the winters don't affect the structures of the wooden pathways, which they also have at Mitchell Park. But it's been a particularly harsh winter.
If the path has sunk, Kolstad said, staff will be able to adjust its height where necessary.
Submit your question for Ask NOW by sending an email to Rory Linnane at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?
- Ask Now: Where should Brookfield residents take their Christmas trees?
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?
- Ask Now: Path sharing problems in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Ask Now: Is Big Brother watching you?