Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
Reader notices signs missing at school zone on Gebhardt
Question: A reader noted that Gebhardt Road has a "school zone" sign for eastbound traffic outside St. John Vianney School, but lacks signage for westbound traffic. She asked: "Is that considered a school zone or not? Not very well-marked for the children."
Response: I asked Public Works Director Tom Grisa about the signage, and he said it was the city's mistake and he will fix it.
Gebhardt Road has two school zones near Calhoun Road, one to the east for Brookfield Central High School, and one to the west for St. John Vianney. Grisa said Brookfield Central has signage for eastbound and westbound traffic, but for some reason St. John Vianney was only ever marked for eastbound traffic.
"You have a very observant reader," Grisa said. "We appreciate someone bringing it to our attention. Normally we're pretty good about putting one in both directions."
Grisa said it would probably take about a week to get the sign into place, which, like the other "school zone" signs, will direct drivers to slow to 15 miles per hour when children are present. The normal speed limit on the road is 35.
Submit your question for Ask NOW by sending an email to Rory Linnane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Who guards the lifeguards from the sun?
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?
- Ask Now: Where should Brookfield residents take their Christmas trees?
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?