Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
A resident asks: Barker Road at Capitol Drive is closed for construction. Why are the traffic signal lights still making cars that are going east and west stop at that intersection? There is no traffic heading north or south that needs to cross the intersection.
Answer: That will no longer be an issue for Capitol Drive commuters!
As of last Friday, the traffic signal at the intersection of N. Barker Road and W. Capitol Drive should remain constantly green throughout the remainder of the construction on Barker Road.
Previously, the traffic signal was set to be all green throughout the evening and nighttime hours for those traveling east and west on Capitol Drive; however, the light had to continue to function normally during the day.
"The plan was that (the traffic signal) does run during the day to accommodate the contractors safely getting in and out," said Waukesha County Director of Public Works Allison Bussler. "Those big pieces of equipment need to be able to get in and out safely."
Bussler said that the majority of work requiring heavy equipment is now finished, and the traffic signal should be operating at a constant green for Capitol Drive for the remainder of the project.
The construction on Barker Road is to fix a failing cross culvert and is expected to be completed by Sept. 20.
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?
- Ask Now: Where should Brookfield residents take their Christmas trees?
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?
- Ask Now: Path sharing problems in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?