Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
A resident asks: Barker Road at Capitol Drive is closed for construction. Why are the traffic signal lights still making cars that are going east and west stop at that intersection? There is no traffic heading north or south that needs to cross the intersection.
Answer: That will no longer be an issue for Capitol Drive commuters!
As of last Friday, the traffic signal at the intersection of N. Barker Road and W. Capitol Drive should remain constantly green throughout the remainder of the construction on Barker Road.
Previously, the traffic signal was set to be all green throughout the evening and nighttime hours for those traveling east and west on Capitol Drive; however, the light had to continue to function normally during the day.
"The plan was that (the traffic signal) does run during the day to accommodate the contractors safely getting in and out," said Waukesha County Director of Public Works Allison Bussler. "Those big pieces of equipment need to be able to get in and out safely."
Bussler said that the majority of work requiring heavy equipment is now finished, and the traffic signal should be operating at a constant green for Capitol Drive for the remainder of the project.
The construction on Barker Road is to fix a failing cross culvert and is expected to be completed by Sept. 20.
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?