Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
A resident asks: Barker Road at Capitol Drive is closed for construction. Why are the traffic signal lights still making cars that are going east and west stop at that intersection? There is no traffic heading north or south that needs to cross the intersection.
Answer: That will no longer be an issue for Capitol Drive commuters!
As of last Friday, the traffic signal at the intersection of N. Barker Road and W. Capitol Drive should remain constantly green throughout the remainder of the construction on Barker Road.
Previously, the traffic signal was set to be all green throughout the evening and nighttime hours for those traveling east and west on Capitol Drive; however, the light had to continue to function normally during the day.
"The plan was that (the traffic signal) does run during the day to accommodate the contractors safely getting in and out," said Waukesha County Director of Public Works Allison Bussler. "Those big pieces of equipment need to be able to get in and out safely."
Bussler said that the majority of work requiring heavy equipment is now finished, and the traffic signal should be operating at a constant green for Capitol Drive for the remainder of the project.
The construction on Barker Road is to fix a failing cross culvert and is expected to be completed by Sept. 20.
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road?
- Ask Now: Do park hours change with the seasons?
- Ask Now: More roundabouts coming?
- Ask Now: How do I get an idea to the common council?
- Ask Now: Soil samples taken at Pilgrim and Gebhardt in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why the yellow blinking arrows?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What's up with Fun World?
- Ask Now: Does the city get involved when similar businesses seek to open?
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Ask Now: Does the city police department collect prescription drugs?
- Ask Now: Who reviews city architecture?
- Ask Now: Who guards the lifeguards from the sun?
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?