Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What's next for the
former burger kingdom?
Question: Larry Knetzger in the Town of Brookfield asks: What is happening to the Burger King in the Town of Brookfield? Massive remodeling for a different use now? Rumor is it is going to be a Starbucks.
Response: The rumors are absolutely correct. Town of Brookfield officials confirm that the building that previously housed a Burger King at 17980 W. Bluemound Road is in the process of being remodeled into a Starbucks.
"Starbucks has taken tenancy and they're in the process of remodeling the building that will offer an interior dining space that is slightly larger than Burger King's was," Town of Brookfield Zoning and Planning Administrator Gary Lake said.
Lake noted that the new Starbucks location will also feature outdoor seating in the form of a patio and a drive-thru.
"They're going to be using basically the same system as Burger King (did)," Lake said.
The architect for the remodeling is NORR. NORR officials were unable to be reached for comment, although Lake estimated that the store will likely not be opening before mid-August.
"They've got all their carpentry and framing to do, and insulation. I'd say at least six weeks."
Email your question to Geoff Bruce at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Ask Now: Does the city police department collect prescription drugs?
- Ask Now: Who reviews city architecture?
- Ask Now: Who guards the lifeguards from the sun?
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?
- Ask Now: Where should Brookfield residents take their Christmas trees?
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?