Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
Is there any news for the vacant parts of Plaza 173 on Bluemound Road?
Answer: There are some preliminary plans in the works for Plaza 173.
HSA Commercial, Inc. based out of Chicago, is planning on expanding Plaza 173, located at 17300 W. Bluemound Road, by over 16,000 square feet as part of their hopes of developing a new, organic grocery store at the site.
The project was reviewed by the City of Brookfield's Plan Commission at its June 9 meeting and commissioners voted unanimously to set a public information meeting and a public hearing for the project.
The expansion of the structure would see its size increased from 95,730 square feet to 112,530 square feet.
Commissioners, while allowing the information meeting and hearing to be set, did express some concerns with the project.
The project's plan for stormwater; a heavy screen proposed to divide between the building and the residential units to the north; traffic; and architectural enhancement were the four concerns raised by the plan commission.
As of July 29, City of Brookfield Director of Community Development Dan Ertl says that no plans addressing those concerns have been submitted.
The building's expansion would require a portion of land to the north to be rezoned from residential to commercial.
The public information meeting for the project is set for Aug. 13 while the public hearing will precede the City of Brookfield's Common Council meeting on Aug. 19.
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Ask Now: Library staff reorganization promotes flexibility
- Ask Now: When will the TIF referendum topic be discussed?
- Ask Now: Why are Christmas trees allowed in public spaces?
- Ask Now: What is MSO?
- Ask Now: Can you burn leaves in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Why are Brookfield utility bills going to West Allis?
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road?
- Ask Now: Do park hours change with the seasons?
- Ask Now: More roundabouts coming?
- Ask Now: How do I get an idea to the common council?
- Ask Now: Soil samples taken at Pilgrim and Gebhardt in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why the yellow blinking arrows?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What's up with Fun World?
- Ask Now: Does the city get involved when similar businesses seek to open?
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Ask Now: Does the city police department collect prescription drugs?
- Ask Now: Who reviews city architecture?
- Ask Now: Who guards the lifeguards from the sun?
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?