Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
Is there any news for the vacant parts of Plaza 173 on Bluemound Road?
Answer: There are some preliminary plans in the works for Plaza 173.
HSA Commercial, Inc. based out of Chicago, is planning on expanding Plaza 173, located at 17300 W. Bluemound Road, by over 16,000 square feet as part of their hopes of developing a new, organic grocery store at the site.
The project was reviewed by the City of Brookfield's Plan Commission at its June 9 meeting and commissioners voted unanimously to set a public information meeting and a public hearing for the project.
The expansion of the structure would see its size increased from 95,730 square feet to 112,530 square feet.
Commissioners, while allowing the information meeting and hearing to be set, did express some concerns with the project.
The project's plan for stormwater; a heavy screen proposed to divide between the building and the residential units to the north; traffic; and architectural enhancement were the four concerns raised by the plan commission.
As of July 29, City of Brookfield Director of Community Development Dan Ertl says that no plans addressing those concerns have been submitted.
The building's expansion would require a portion of land to the north to be rezoned from residential to commercial.
The public information meeting for the project is set for Aug. 13 while the public hearing will precede the City of Brookfield's Common Council meeting on Aug. 19.
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Ask Now: Is Big Brother watching you?
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Is River Birch Drive a public trail or a private drive?
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Ask Now: Are well owners hooked up to city water required to get permit?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove looks toward more walking paths
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Ask Now: Should Brookfield bikers be excited?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Burger King in the Town of Brookfield?
- Brookfield AskNOW for June 26: Where are the jobs?
- Ask NOW: Which side is the rich side of town?
- Ask NOW: How many elm trees does the Village of Elm Grove actually have?
- Ask NOW: Where did the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts get its name?
- Ask NOW: Should people take more care with their lawn care?