Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
What is the status of Tomter Inn's development?
Issue: A reader heard that David Tomter, who had plans to purchase the former Pepino's property on Capitol Drive to open a restaurant, is no longer interested. The reader wants to know if this is true.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said it is true that Tomter has shown interest in the property and is still in conversation with the city about purchasing the property.
"Hopefully we can assist him in his pursuit to open a restaurant in that location, and we will work as cooperatively as possible to assist him in that pursuit," Ertl said.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?