Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Why are some properties restored after roadwork
Issue: A resident of the Mount Pleasant subdivision in Brookfield is upset because some of the ditches in the subdivision were restored and others weren't after the road work. He wants to know why.
Status: Jeff Chase, city engineer, explained that the city has two projects happening in the Mount Pleasant area and one is a road work project and the other is a utility project. He explained that the city has different restoration policies depending on which type of project it is.
For utility projects such as the sanitary sewer re-lay in Mount Pleasant, the city restores by laying topsoil, seed and mulch. After that, the property owners can chose to water and care for the grass however they chose, Chase said.
Road resurfacing projects have a different standard of restoration because the disturbed area is generally much smaller, Chase explained. He said usually there are only a few feet of disturbed surface on the side of the road so the city replaces the topsoil to blend from the edge of the road to the grass but does not replant grass in that area.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: How are traffic cameras being used?
- Ask NOW: Who's responsible for clearing snow in city?
- Ask NOW: Driver annoyed she can't turn left at 144th and Capitol
- Ask NOW: Are more changes planned for Imperial Park?
- Ask NOW: Where are city vehicles repaired?
- Ask NOW: Reader doesn't like Capitol Drive sidewalks
- Ask NOW: Is Brookfield still trying to incorporate?
- Ask NOW: What's the story behind the Stagecoach Inn Museum?
- Ask NOW: Eble farm house torn down due to poor condition
- Ask NOW: Manhole frames recessed for a reason
- Ask NOW: Bluemound Road lanes are narrower now
- Ask NOW: Addresses too hard to see along Bluemound Road
- Ask NOW: Are any new stores on their way to Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: Does Brookfield have enough water?
- Ask NOW: Are there coyotes in Brookfield?