Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Why wasn't rail crossing fixed when road was redone?
Issue: A reader wants to know why the railroad crossing with Watertown Plank Road was not repaired at the same time the street was redone. He said the crossing is bumpy and not in very good shape.
Status: Mike Flaherty, Elm Grove's director of public works, said the crossing is under the control of the Canadian Pacific railroad so the village is only allowed to pave up to the railroad's right of way.
Ed Greenberg, a spokesman with Canadian Pacific, said the crossing was surfaced and black-topped last fall, and continues to meet all safety standards for railroad crossings.
That said, the panels in the crossing are scheduled to be replaced as early in 2013 as possible, he said.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: When is it too early to cut your grass?
- Ask NOW: Can an underage person drink alcohol if they are with a parent?
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: How are traffic cameras being used?
- Ask NOW: Who's responsible for clearing snow in city?
- Ask NOW: Driver annoyed she can't turn left at 144th and Capitol
- Ask NOW: Are more changes planned for Imperial Park?
- Ask NOW: Where are city vehicles repaired?
- Ask NOW: Reader doesn't like Capitol Drive sidewalks
- Ask NOW: Is Brookfield still trying to incorporate?
- Ask NOW: What's the story behind the Stagecoach Inn Museum?
- Ask NOW: Eble farm house torn down due to poor condition
- Ask NOW: Manhole frames recessed for a reason
- Ask NOW: Bluemound Road lanes are narrower now
- Ask NOW: Addresses too hard to see along Bluemound Road
- Ask NOW: Are any new stores on their way to Brookfield?