A Milwaukee woman is suing Body Transitions Medical Clinic in Brookfield, claiming the company seriously injured her by administering an injection meant to be given in the buttocks in the wrong location March 30, 2012.
Body Transitions Medical Clinic, 275 Regency Court, helps clients lose weight.
The plaintiff, Shirron Jude-Boyd, said the injection delivered to her upper thigh about four inches from her waist caused parts of her thigh to go numb and gave her back pain, according to the civil complaint.
Jude-Boyd is asking for payment from Body Transitions and its insurer for "pain of body and mind."
The case was moved from Milwaukee County Circuit Court to Waukesha County Circuit Court last month.
Body Transitions did not return calls from NOW Newspapers seeking comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Man suspected in Brookfield bank robbery arrested
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 16
- Brookfield police, like all other city employees, will make pension contributions
- Brookfield Village to host 2nd Arts and Spirits Crawl
- Brookfield public hearing draws out new objections to North Avenue office building
- Brookfield suffers a rash of crimes targeting unlocked cars
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 16
- Brookfield-area residents question height, traffic and barn placement at Irgens information session
- Brookfield native's real estate app finding users in Florida, Chicago and beyond