A Brookfield Academy student who sneaked out of his house on Bermuda Boulevard in the early morning hours Friday to serve a detention without his mother finding out created a false panic when he forgot to close the front door, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
The 17-year-old boy's mother called the police just before 6 a.m. Friday, when she discovered that the front door of her home was ajar.
She told officers that she remembered locking the door the night before and worried that an intruder had entered her house.
Officers found the boy serving detention at Brookfield Academy shortly after he was discovered missing from his bedroom.
He admitted he had sneaked from the house and had a friend pick him up so that his mother wouldn't know he had to serve detention.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29