A Brookfield Academy student who sneaked out of his house on Bermuda Boulevard in the early morning hours Friday to serve a detention without his mother finding out created a false panic when he forgot to close the front door, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
The 17-year-old boy's mother called the police just before 6 a.m. Friday, when she discovered that the front door of her home was ajar.
She told officers that she remembered locking the door the night before and worried that an intruder had entered her house.
Officers found the boy serving detention at Brookfield Academy shortly after he was discovered missing from his bedroom.
He admitted he had sneaked from the house and had a friend pick him up so that his mother wouldn't know he had to serve detention.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18