Patients of Baehr Essential Chiropractic & Wellness are more than just an intricate assemblage of muscle and spine, according to the clinic's owner.
"I assess the whole being, because sometimes when soft tissue and vertebrae aren't working properly, the cause may be a breakdown somewhere else in the body," said Diane Baehr, a doctor of chiropractic who opened her practice last December. "By taking the time to listen to what's troubling my patients, asking them questions about their diet and lifestyle, then putting them through a detailed evaluation of their central nervous system and a complete neurological examination, I can determine to what extent physical, chemical and emotional stresses are contributing to a problem."
To restore good health, Dr. Baehr, a Wisconsin-certified nutritional counselor, will recommend dietary supplements that detoxify the body. Recently, she reports, one such program alleviated a patient who had been a longtime, chronic constipation sufferer.
For spinal adjustments, she employs the latest diagnostic tools, as well as a light manipulative touch.
"Being gentle puts patients' minds at ease," Baehr said. "They won't hear much, if any, cracking in their body when I work on them."
Located in the Wisconsin Wellness Clinic on Regency Court in Brookfield, Baehr Essential specializes in treating athletes, pregnant women and children. Athletic clients, in particular, she notes, tend to regard their appointments much like dental checkups.
"Just as people see their dentist every six months, athletes come to me for periodic examinations," she said. "Even if they're feeling well, they may not know that their bodies are a little 'off' and require a minor adjustment. So, it's a good habit to routinely see a chiropractor to make sure body and brain remain connected."
Baehr, who gained her chiropractic experience at a practice in Slinger, enjoys the challenge of operating her own clinic.
"I love problem-solving and the satisfaction of successfully treating people who first sought help elsewhere," she said. "It's very rewarding to make a difference in people's lives and help restore their vitality."
JUST THE FACTS
Business name: Baehr Essential Chiropractic & Wellness
Address: 280 Regency Ct, Suite 100, Brookfield, WI 53045
Owner: Diane Baehr, D.C.
Type of business: Chiropractic and wellness
Pearls of wisdom: Quality ingredients and clear communication within your body create a great recipe for healthy expression of life and vitality.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Jamba Juice
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel
- Business Spotlight: Elite Sport & Spine LLC
- Brookfield's O' What a Day Cafe strives to make any day a good day to stop in
- Skateland, jut beyond Brookfield, proves an enduring attraction for a fun night out
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- Business Spotlight Employees make Brookfield's Half Price Books work in a changing literary world
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Brookfield business sells, buys 'gently used' children's goods
- Brookfield promotional business advocates useful items, not trinkets
- Company helps people, businesses save on energy
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Fazio's chocolate shop a second chance at happiness
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser comes to Elm Grove
- Matt Schultz's search for a franchise was led by the heart
- Retirement just didn't pan out for Pro Cast's owner
- Halen Homes young, but making mark
- Freedom Physical Therapy triples clinic size