Patients of Baehr Essential Chiropractic & Wellness are more than just an intricate assemblage of muscle and spine, according to the clinic's owner.
"I assess the whole being, because sometimes when soft tissue and vertebrae aren't working properly, the cause may be a breakdown somewhere else in the body," said Diane Baehr, a doctor of chiropractic who opened her practice last December. "By taking the time to listen to what's troubling my patients, asking them questions about their diet and lifestyle, then putting them through a detailed evaluation of their central nervous system and a complete neurological examination, I can determine to what extent physical, chemical and emotional stresses are contributing to a problem."
To restore good health, Dr. Baehr, a Wisconsin-certified nutritional counselor, will recommend dietary supplements that detoxify the body. Recently, she reports, one such program alleviated a patient who had been a longtime, chronic constipation sufferer.
For spinal adjustments, she employs the latest diagnostic tools, as well as a light manipulative touch.
"Being gentle puts patients' minds at ease," Baehr said. "They won't hear much, if any, cracking in their body when I work on them."
Located in the Wisconsin Wellness Clinic on Regency Court in Brookfield, Baehr Essential specializes in treating athletes, pregnant women and children. Athletic clients, in particular, she notes, tend to regard their appointments much like dental checkups.
"Just as people see their dentist every six months, athletes come to me for periodic examinations," she said. "Even if they're feeling well, they may not know that their bodies are a little 'off' and require a minor adjustment. So, it's a good habit to routinely see a chiropractor to make sure body and brain remain connected."
Baehr, who gained her chiropractic experience at a practice in Slinger, enjoys the challenge of operating her own clinic.
"I love problem-solving and the satisfaction of successfully treating people who first sought help elsewhere," she said. "It's very rewarding to make a difference in people's lives and help restore their vitality."
JUST THE FACTS
Business name: Baehr Essential Chiropractic & Wellness
Address: 280 Regency Ct, Suite 100, Brookfield, WI 53045
Owner: Diane Baehr, D.C.
Type of business: Chiropractic and wellness
Pearls of wisdom: Quality ingredients and clear communication within your body create a great recipe for healthy expression of life and vitality.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Walters', a suit is at its best when it's wet
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design
- Business Spotlight: Can learning be fun? The owners of The Learning Shop believe it can!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Business Spotlight: New owner hopes to continue Elm Grove tailoring shop's high standards
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove's Mystic Ireland celebrates the culture of the owner's homeland
- Business Spotlight: Paper Envy is not a paper tiger in the personalized stationery business
- Business Spotlight: Renovators Ltd. of Elm Grove has a program for every construction job
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: 9Round fitness center
- Business Spotlight: From Panera to Blaze Pizza in Brookfield, franchise owner has succeeded again
- Brookfield's Pet Supplies Plus caters to a four-footed customer base
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Jamba Juice
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel
- Business Spotlight: Elite Sport & Spine LLC
- Brookfield's O' What a Day Cafe strives to make any day a good day to stop in