With the deadline for filing papers for candidacy passing Dec. 7, all the names are in the hat for local elections April 1.
In the City of Brookfield, seven aldermen are up for election with two contested races. Bill Carnell is being challenged in District 1 by Andris Jaunberzins, and Lisa Mellone is challenged in District 7 by Kris Seals. Running unopposed as incumbents are Bob Reddin, Jeff McCarthy, Mark Nelson, Gary Mahkorn and Jerry Mellone.
Three trustees are up for election in Elm Grove. One trustee, John Meser, decided to step down from his position, but trustees George Haas and John Domaszek are running to keep their seats. Patrick Kressin is running for the third seat.
In the Town of Brookfield, two incumbent supervisors, John Schatzman and Pat Stroebel, are hoping to stay in office. They will face competition from Larry Hipp for the two at-large seats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Program allows students to honor influential teachers
- Brookfield, Elm Grove businesses donate hundreds of items to Women's Center
- Annual parade a source of pride in Elm Grove
- Public Forum: City leaders stray from the Comprehensive Plan
- Public hearing focuses on would-be village tied to towns of Brookfield and Waukesha
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: May 7
- Waukesha County updates categorization of dangerous animals
- Elm Grove woman passes on skating legacy to youth
- In Our Schools: May 7, 2015