With the deadline for filing papers for candidacy passing Dec. 7, all the names are in the hat for local elections April 1.
In the City of Brookfield, seven aldermen are up for election with two contested races. Bill Carnell is being challenged in District 1 by Andris Jaunberzins, and Lisa Mellone is challenged in District 7 by Kris Seals. Running unopposed as incumbents are Bob Reddin, Jeff McCarthy, Mark Nelson, Gary Mahkorn and Jerry Mellone.
Three trustees are up for election in Elm Grove. One trustee, John Meser, decided to step down from his position, but trustees George Haas and John Domaszek are running to keep their seats. Patrick Kressin is running for the third seat.
In the Town of Brookfield, two incumbent supervisors, John Schatzman and Pat Stroebel, are hoping to stay in office. They will face competition from Larry Hipp for the two at-large seats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- Taste of the Town: RiverMill Cafe in Elm Grove
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elm Grove approves 2015 budget, 1.03 percent levy increase
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal