Brookfield resident Patrick Collins, 35, was charged with substantial battery after his college friend told police Collins hit him in the face with a heavy bottle of liquor, according to the criminal complaint.
The charge was filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Dec. 18. Collins faces up to 31/2 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the complaint:
Police arrived at Collins' home about 5 a.m. Oct. 26. The friend said Collins had just suddenly and inexplicably grabbed him and hit him in the face.
Collins' friend was sent to the hospital, where he was treated for a fractured nose. Asking what happened between police and his friend, Collins asserted, "I'm a CPA, and I know my rights."
Police said Collins had dried blood on his pants, hands and sweater when they arrived. His blood-alcohol content was 0.19.
He is expected in court for an initial appearance Jan. 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 6
- You asked, mayoral hopefuls answered
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Starbucks looks to replace Burger King in Town of Brookfield
- News & Notes: March 4
- Mayoral candidates ramping up campaigns
- Sensenbrenner talks Republican strategy at Brookfield gathering
- Burleigh receives inspirational, disabled speaker
- In Our Schools: March 6