A 25-year-old Brookfield man was charged Jan. 13 with having sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl.
Roger Cypher was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree child sexual assault, a felony that carries a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Cypher said he had met the girl through a dating website, though she had used a fake name, and they agreed to meet on Jan. 9. He said they had sex at his house, and he left the next morning for work.
The girl apparently contacted her mother after he left, using a neighbor's telephone, the complaint states. The neighbor told police the girl looked scared.
Cypher told police, according to the complaint, that he used "extremely poor judgment."
He is expected to be in court Jan. 30 for a preliminary hearing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Social Security informational session next week at the Elm Grove Library
- New Elm Grove business to offer outlet for creativity
- Elm Grove church still considering cell tower
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 9
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session (1)