A 25-year-old Brookfield man was charged Jan. 13 with having sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl.
Roger Cypher was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree child sexual assault, a felony that carries a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Cypher said he had met the girl through a dating website, though she had used a fake name, and they agreed to meet on Jan. 9. He said they had sex at his house, and he left the next morning for work.
The girl apparently contacted her mother after he left, using a neighbor's telephone, the complaint states. The neighbor told police the girl looked scared.
Cypher told police, according to the complaint, that he used "extremely poor judgment."
He is expected to be in court Jan. 30 for a preliminary hearing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth