City of Brookfield police responded Tuesday to information that a man had threatened to blow up his residence in the 18700 block of Anita Court, harm himself and harm his wife and family, according to a news release issued by the department. The man also allegedly had threatened to shoot any officers who arrived on the scene.
The Brookfield Police Department requested that the Lakes Area Critical Incident team respond to the scene to help bring the man into custody. Two officers were able to apprehend the man before the team responded, the release states. They took him into custody as he was trying to load items into his vehicle. The man was armed with a handgun when he was taken into custody.
A hazardous device unit responded due to the nature of the threats and a possible military-style incendiary device on the property. The unit found a military device and disposed of it, according to the release.
No one was injured during the incident.
Note: This story was edited to correct the day when the incident occurred, which was incorrect in the original version.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18