City of Brookfield police responded Tuesday to information that a man had threatened to blow up his residence in the 18700 block of Anita Court, harm himself and harm his wife and family, according to a news release issued by the department. The man also allegedly had threatened to shoot any officers who arrived on the scene.
The Brookfield Police Department requested that the Lakes Area Critical Incident team respond to the scene to help bring the man into custody. Two officers were able to apprehend the man before the team responded, the release states. They took him into custody as he was trying to load items into his vehicle. The man was armed with a handgun when he was taken into custody.
A hazardous device unit responded due to the nature of the threats and a possible military-style incendiary device on the property. The unit found a military device and disposed of it, according to the release.
No one was injured during the incident.
Note: This story was edited to correct the day when the incident occurred, which was incorrect in the original version.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes a deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Jan. 22