City of Brookfield police responded Tuesday to information that a man had threatened to blow up his residence in the 18700 block of Anita Court, harm himself and harm his wife and family, according to a news release issued by the department. The man also allegedly had threatened to shoot any officers who arrived on the scene.
The Brookfield Police Department requested that the Lakes Area Critical Incident team respond to the scene to help bring the man into custody. Two officers were able to apprehend the man before the team responded, the release states. They took him into custody as he was trying to load items into his vehicle. The man was armed with a handgun when he was taken into custody.
A hazardous device unit responded due to the nature of the threats and a possible military-style incendiary device on the property. The unit found a military device and disposed of it, according to the release.
No one was injured during the incident.
Note: This story was edited to correct the day when the incident occurred, which was incorrect in the original version.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Program allows students to honor influential teachers
- Brookfield, Elm Grove businesses donate hundreds of items to Women's Center
- Annual parade a source of pride in Elm Grove
- Public Forum: City leaders stray from the Comprehensive Plan
- Public hearing focuses on would-be village tied to towns of Brookfield and Waukesha
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: May 7
- Waukesha County updates categorization of dangerous animals
- Elm Grove woman passes on skating legacy to youth
- In Our Schools: May 7, 2015