Two men robbed the Subway restaurant at 3960 N. Brookfield Road at gunpoint early Monday, according to city of Brookfield police.
A man wearing a black hood and a black bandanna came into the store and ordered the lone employee on duty to the back of the store just before 6:30 a.m., according to the police report.
"All (the employee) could see was eyes and a gun," Brookfield Police Capt. Jim Adlam said.
Once in the back of the store, Adlam said, the man ordered the employee to lie on the floor and then let a second man - also cloaked in a black hood and bandanna - into the store through a back door.
The two men took cash and fled.
"We have no vehicle information and no direction of travel," Adlam said.
At first blush, Monday's armed robbery sounds similar to an armed robbery reported May 28 at the Subway location at 21250 W. Capitol Drive in Brookfield.
In that case, an armed man wearing a hood and sunglasses ordered an employee into a walk-in cooler at gunpoint.
However, Adlam said, the suspect in the May 28 robbery is a white male, and the suspects from Monday's robbery are both black males.
The two robberies occurred at different times of the day, he noted.
"We're going to be working with other agencies that may have similar hold-ups," Adlam said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: March 13
- Brookfield orthodontist challenges alderman over Sileno quarry
- Haukohl serves Brookfield well, deserves another term
- Business Spotlight: Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Police Report: March 6
- You asked, mayoral hopefuls answered
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Ask NOW: Who were the Ebles and what did they want for their land?
- Starbucks looks to replace Burger King in Town of Brookfield
- News & Notes: March 4