Two men robbed the Subway restaurant at 3960 N. Brookfield Road at gunpoint early Monday, according to city of Brookfield police.
A man wearing a black hood and a black bandanna came into the store and ordered the lone employee on duty to the back of the store just before 6:30 a.m., according to the police report.
"All (the employee) could see was eyes and a gun," Brookfield Police Capt. Jim Adlam said.
Once in the back of the store, Adlam said, the man ordered the employee to lie on the floor and then let a second man - also cloaked in a black hood and bandanna - into the store through a back door.
The two men took cash and fled.
"We have no vehicle information and no direction of travel," Adlam said.
At first blush, Monday's armed robbery sounds similar to an armed robbery reported May 28 at the Subway location at 21250 W. Capitol Drive in Brookfield.
In that case, an armed man wearing a hood and sunglasses ordered an employee into a walk-in cooler at gunpoint.
However, Adlam said, the suspect in the May 28 robbery is a white male, and the suspects from Monday's robbery are both black males.
The two robberies occurred at different times of the day, he noted.
"We're going to be working with other agencies that may have similar hold-ups," Adlam said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library