A woman told city of Brookfield police that her dog was attacked by a rottweiler during a walk through Mitchell Park on June 10.
According to the police report:
The woman was walking her 26-pound dog through the dog park at 9:34 a.m. June 10 when an 80-pound brown and black rottweiler bit her dog in the abdomen and shook it.
The victim told the owner that her dog should be on a leash. The owner replied, "You should not have walked by my dog."
The owner fled east on a path that leads to a Brookfield Elementary on Brookfield Road.
The victim took her dog to the vet for treatment of puncture wounds to his abdomen.
Brookfield city ordinances state dogs must be leashed or under the control of his or her owner at all times.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Business Spotlight: Hair salon owner says it's not work
- Teen trio teams up to take on suicide, depression
- Industrial development hinges on TIF district
- Brookfield meetings: Sept. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned