A woman told city of Brookfield police that her dog was attacked by a rottweiler during a walk through Mitchell Park on June 10.
According to the police report:
The woman was walking her 26-pound dog through the dog park at 9:34 a.m. June 10 when an 80-pound brown and black rottweiler bit her dog in the abdomen and shook it.
The victim told the owner that her dog should be on a leash. The owner replied, "You should not have walked by my dog."
The owner fled east on a path that leads to a Brookfield Elementary on Brookfield Road.
The victim took her dog to the vet for treatment of puncture wounds to his abdomen.
Brookfield city ordinances state dogs must be leashed or under the control of his or her owner at all times.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove approves of gourmet grilled cheese
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Planner: Oct. 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Nov. 4 ballot features six contested races
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 30
- Elm Grove levy projected to increase 1.03 percent
- Brookfield still pecking at chicken issue
- Elm Grove waste removal to remain the same