A woman told city of Brookfield police that her dog was attacked by a rottweiler during a walk through Mitchell Park on June 10.
According to the police report:
The woman was walking her 26-pound dog through the dog park at 9:34 a.m. June 10 when an 80-pound brown and black rottweiler bit her dog in the abdomen and shook it.
The victim told the owner that her dog should be on a leash. The owner replied, "You should not have walked by my dog."
The owner fled east on a path that leads to a Brookfield Elementary on Brookfield Road.
The victim took her dog to the vet for treatment of puncture wounds to his abdomen.
Brookfield city ordinances state dogs must be leashed or under the control of his or her owner at all times.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Corners gets approval, town funding
- Brookfield likely to renew contract to attract visitors
- Tax case, Sileno talks run up city legal fees
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- City trails ahead in its Greenway path plans
- Former mayor Jeff Speaker will challenge Steve Ponto in Brookfield
- In Our Schools
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- On the Move: Dec. 5