With a café, 10 treatment rooms, a manicure/pedicure bar, and 20 custom-designed beauty-creating stations stretched across 9,000 square feet and two floors, Azana Salon & Spa prides itself on being the largest, full-service beauty and wellness resort in the Brookfield area.
"We are the epitome of affordable luxuriousness," said owner Tami Gemmell. "It's all part of our plan to provide a sumptuous refuge from life's routine. To melt clients' troubles away, leaving them refreshed and rejuvenated."
Located on Moorland Road across from Brookfield Square Mall, Azana offers a wide range of services, including hair, nail and body treatments, massages, facials and waxing. Each application is performed by licensed staff that Gemmell considers to be among the most talented and knowledgeable in the business.
"I send my team all over the country to participate in continuing education programs," said Gemmell, who purchased the salon and spa in 2003 from her sister, Viki Murray, the original owner. "Our entire highly trained staff is kept up-to-date on the latest techniques and trends. This research has allowed us to consistently carry superior product lines, including PCA Skin Care, Infinity Sun Spray Tan, and Great Lengths 100 percent human hair extensions."
It's been 20 months since a mass shooting at the salon and spa took the lives of three employees and injured four others. A grateful Gemmell credits clients and the public for helping pull Azana and its employees through its grief and into recovery.
"While we never really know why certain things happen in this life, I have always believed that there is a reason for everything," Gemmell said. "Having said that, Azana is journeying forward remarkably well, and we all feel so fortunate to be working alongside one another toward a common goal, bonded to one another through the love that we have for our three angels and the hope that we have that all affected will prosper. The amazing community support that we've received inspires and encourages our team."
Azana accepts appointments for individual and group sessions. For more information, visit http://azanaspa.com/
JUST THE FACTS
Business name: Azana Salon & Spa
Address: 200 N. Moorland Rd., Brookfield, WI 53005
Owner: Tami Gemmell
Type of business: Salon and spa
Pearls of wisdom: Ask. Believe. Receive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence
- Grilled cheese specialty restaurant Tom and Chee plans spring opening in Elm Grove
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 12