Area youth who dread back-to-school shopping may change their tune if they visit the recently opened Shoe Carnival in Brookfield.
"From the upbeat, cool music we play over our loudspeakers, to the games designed to help customers save money, Shoe Carnival is a fun environment," said general manager Edward Iacono. "It's just an exciting place to shop."
Located in the Sears wing of Brookfield Square mall, the Evansville, Indiana-based family footwear retailer carries nearly 30,000 pairs of dress, casual and athletic shoes from 75 brand names, including Nike, Asics, and Nine West, plus accessories, such as handbags, insoles and socks.
While the competition may boast a similar selection, they fall short, Iacono claims, of achieving Shoe Carnival's unique shopping experience.
"Ours is truly a one-of-a-kind store, with a number of features," he said. "Shoe Carnival's 10,000-square-foot display area includes a basketball hoop to keep kids busy and happy while their parents shop. We also have a 'Big Money Wheel,' which lets customers save from $2 to $5 off a purchase, or win a prize. In addition, our shoe perks rewards program allows them to earn points on each product they buy. And twice an hour, we have sales — announced over a microphone — where customers can receive discounts on an item if they buy it within the limited time promotion."
One particular sale, Iacono said, is Shoe Carnival's back-to-school promotion: buy one pair of shoes and take home a second pair for half off.
Customers are "treated very well here," said Edward. "Our friendly and helpful sales associates take great pride in taking the time necessary to ask the proper questions that will satisfy our customers' footwear needs."
Shoe Carnival operates about 400 stores in more than 30 states and Puerto Rico.
JUST THE FACTS
Business name: Shoe Carnival
Address: 95 N. Moorland Rd., Brookfield
General manager: Edward Iacono
Type of business: Retail footwear
Pearls of wisdom: Surprise in store
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: History lives at the Dousman Inn
- Business Spotlight: Bar Stars Bartending aims to put party hosts at ease
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Hairstylist brings an art background to her work
- Business Spotlight: A hobby became a business for yarn shop founders
- Business Spotlight: FirstLight Home Care
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Alli Troutman's veterinary clinic strives to be a place animals love
- Business Spotlight: A love of art and a love of space inspired architect's career choice
- Business Spotlight: Quilt shop was an opportunity they couldn't pass up
- Business Spotlight: Friends combined their talents to found Snapdragon Flowers of Elm Grove
- Business Spotlight: Family roots run deep at Biloba Brewing Co.
- Business Spotlight: Sheri Bauer wants to heal others like she healed herself
- Business Spotlight: Wayde Peronto's business takes pictures, and gives back
- Business Spotlight: North Star Catering takes the restaurant into the community
- Business Spotlight: A Savvy Bride in Brookfield strives to make a perfect day
- Business Spotlight: Jamie Durner sought fulfillment, and now helps others do the same
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At the Fun Kids Dentist, the fun starts at age 1
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Demand is strong at Self Storage of Goerkes Corners
- Business Spotlight: 3 realtors in 3 communities broadens the appeal
- Business Spotlight: Bowling is about families, including the Posnanski family at Bluemound Bowl