Traffic is being restricted to one lane on a section of Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa to allow for bridge work over the Menomonee River Parkway.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is re-decking a bridge, so traffic will be down to one lane westbound on Capitol between Mayfair Road and Highway 45. Lane closures are expected to last four to five months.
During the bridge work, the Menomonee River Parkway will be closed to vehicles at the bridge. However, pedestrian and bicycle access will be allowed through the work site in a safe, restricted area.
Beginning in April, road work will restrict traffic in both directions on Capitol Drive from Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa to Brookfield until project completion in November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Social Security informational session next week at the Elm Grove Library
- New Elm Grove business to offer outlet for creativity
- Elm Grove church still considering cell tower
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 9
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session (1)
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs