Traffic is being restricted to one lane on a section of Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa to allow for bridge work over the Menomonee River Parkway.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is re-decking a bridge, so traffic will be down to one lane westbound on Capitol between Mayfair Road and Highway 45. Lane closures are expected to last four to five months.
During the bridge work, the Menomonee River Parkway will be closed to vehicles at the bridge. However, pedestrian and bicycle access will be allowed through the work site in a safe, restricted area.
Beginning in April, road work will restrict traffic in both directions on Capitol Drive from Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa to Brookfield until project completion in November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Mystery Photo Contest
- Elm Grove committee studies how to calm traffic on Watertown Plank Road
- Brookfield council advances plans for Lilly Preserve apartment project
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 21
- Elmbrook Humane Society puts on seventh annual Wagfest
- Elm Grove Library bids farewell to board president
- Brookfield says it will resolve deep ditch problem on Lothmoor Drive
- Capturing Elmbrook's past: Brookfield East senior films testimonials for 50th anniversary