Chiropractic office helps patients live without pain
Knapp offers range of services, gives patients choices
Nicole Knapp, D.C., bristles when she hears mainstream medicine touted as a cure-all, and wishes more patients knew of alternative remedies to their ailments.
"It's a shame so many people think that the path to good health is lined with antibiotics, pills and surgery," said Knapp, owner of Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center. "A lot of chiropractors are into pain management, too, but we focus instead on prevention and living well."
Located in Brookfield, Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness treats patients who range in age from newborns to geriatric, with services that include adjustments and manipulation, electrical muscle stimulation and massage therapies.
Knapp also practices what she calls a little-used, but effective form of manipulation for patients with back issues.
"I'm one of only a few chiropractors in the area who does spinal decompression for people who suffer from herniated and bulging discs and sciatica," said Knapp, who opened her practice in February after serving as an associate to two other chiropractors over the previous five years. "I recently read a report that only 36 percent of patients who had back surgery were satisfied with the results - compared to 80 percent who sought chiropractic relief from their back problems. Spinal decompression is a great alternative to surgery."
Before beginning any treatment plan, Knapp said, she puts new patients through full orthopedic and neurological exams. While some of her patients subsequently only want a quick adjustment, she sees most on a weekly basis.
"In my office, the patients are in control of their health," Knapp said. "I don't take insurance, so I can fully concentrate on their needs, rather than run through them like numbers. They tell me what they want to achieve, and then I educate them on the best ways to reach those goals. Whether they want to regularly exercise or just be able to sit at work without experiencing pain, my job is to help them live a long, healthy life."
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to email@example.com or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center, Inc.
ADDRESS: 280 Regency Court, Suite 100, Brookfield, WI 53045
PHONE: (262) 796-5108
OWNER: Nicole Knapp, D.C.
TYPE OF BUSINESS: Chiropractic Clinic
PEARLS OF WISDOM: Your health does not get better by chance and quick fixes, it gets better by change and lifestyle choices
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Walters', a suit is at its best when it's wet
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design
- Business Spotlight: Can learning be fun? The owners of The Learning Shop believe it can!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Business Spotlight: New owner hopes to continue Elm Grove tailoring shop's high standards
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove's Mystic Ireland celebrates the culture of the owner's homeland
- Business Spotlight: Paper Envy is not a paper tiger in the personalized stationery business
- Business Spotlight: Renovators Ltd. of Elm Grove has a program for every construction job
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: 9Round fitness center
- Business Spotlight: From Panera to Blaze Pizza in Brookfield, franchise owner has succeeded again
- Brookfield's Pet Supplies Plus caters to a four-footed customer base
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Jamba Juice
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel
- Business Spotlight: Elite Sport & Spine LLC
- Brookfield's O' What a Day Cafe strives to make any day a good day to stop in