The Plaza Centre Stage concert series lineup for 2013 has been announced. Live bands are sure to rock the crowd each Wednesday from June 12 to Aug. 14 at Civic Plaza, 2000 N. Calhoun Road.
Evening concerts, 7 p.m.
· June 12, North Coast Orchestra
North Coast Orchestra plays a variety of styles. Members of the group have performed and toured with such noted artists as The Temptations, Frank Sinatra Jr., Dennis DeYoung, Natalie Cole, Kenny Rogers and others.
· July 10, Bobby Way and the Fabulous Wayouts
Bobby Way and the Fabulous Wayouts perform a variety of familiar songs from artists ranging from Prince to Frank Sinatra to Madonna. They have headlined at the Wisconsin State Fair, Summerfest, Rainbow Summer and many other public festivals.
· Aug. 14, 5 Card Studs
The 5 Card Studs live show is billed as a blend of big-time Las Vegas attitude and 70s TV game show schmaltz, all glossed over with a washed-up lounge/wedding singer veneer.
· June 12, Marcell Guyton
Marcell Guyton is a keyboard player and vocalist who regularly plays at Mason Street Grill in the Pfister, Centani's, Lucille's and many other venues. His musical style is most influenced by Stevie Wonder and Billy Joel.
· June 19, Jenny Thiel Trio
The Jenny Thief Trio was named Best New Band in the Shepherd Express "Best of Milwaukee" Awards, and Thiel also has won the title Jazz Artist of the Year.
· June 26, "Special K" Kevin Kennedy
Kennedy performs a variety of music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.
· July 3, Gary Cross
Cross' repertoire spans from country western to adult contemporary. Using electronics to boost his sound, he is a true "one-man band."
· July 10, Bobby Way
Bobby Way's music ranges from standards, big band, country, oldies and polka to novelty.
· July 17, Dusk
Dusk is duo that has traveled throughout the United States.
· July 24, Al White
White, a pianist-vocalist, has been performing at Potawatomi Casino since it opened its doors. His repertoire of crowd favorites includes R&B hits and adult contemporary standards.
· July 31, Heat Duo
The Duo features some of the music of Heat as well as many acoustic guitar standards. The two perform in an intimate and interactive setting.
· Aug. 7, Nora Collins
This Brookfield singer-songwriter accompanies her vocals with guitar. She was chosen as the 2012 Wisconsin Area Music Industry Rising Star.
· Aug. 14, Downtown Harrison
Downtown Harrison pays tribute to such diverse artists as Louie Armstrong, Tina Turner and Michael Jackson. He is always a favorite at the Milwaukee County Zoo a la Carte and Summerfest.
Angelina's Deli will sell a selection of handmade sandwiches, salads, chips, cookies and beverages at each concert.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: March 5
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence