NOW:53122:USA01012
http://widgets.journalinteractive.com/cache/JIResponseCacher.ashx?duration=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.wp.myweather.net%2FeWxII%2F%3Fdata%3D*USA01012
32°
H 32° L 32°
Clear | 0MPH

Clogged hose leads to dryer fire

Nov. 14, 2011

City of Brookfield firefighters responded to a report of a building on fire in the 18200 block of Beverly Hills Drive just after 4:30 p.m. Nov. 13.

Firefighters arrived to find that the homeowner had used a dry chemical fire extinguisher to suppress a fire inside a clothes dryer prior to arrival, according to a report.

Lint had clogged the vent hose, and the homeowner was advised to have it checked by service personnel before using it again.

Damage is estimated at $1,000, according to the report.

This site uses Facebook comments to make it easier for you to contribute. If you see a comment you would like to flag for spam or abuse, click the "x" in the upper right of it. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Suburban News Roundup

E-mail Newsletter

Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.


Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter
Get the Newsletter!

Login or Register to manage all your newsletter preferences.

Local Crime Map

CONNECT    

Advertisement

Latest Photo Galleries