An elderly woman who was rescued from her burning home in Elm Grove on Sunday has succumbed to injuries she sustained in the fire, police said Thursday.
Barbara P. Gardner, 91, was in her home in the 14900 block of Watertown Plank Road on Sunday when the fire started. She called 911, and Elm Grove police and fire departments responded at 12:26 p.m. Firefighters rescued the woman from the first floor. Elm Grove EMS took her to Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa. Once stabilized, she was transferred to the burn center at Columbia St. Mary's Hospital in Milwaukee.
That's where Gardner died from her injuries at 6:26 p.m. Wednesday while she was being treated, Elm Grove Police said in a news release Thursday.
"The exact cause of the fire has not yet been determined, and the investigation continues, with the assistance from personnel of the State Fire Marshal's Office," the release said.
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation
- Catholic Memorial principal Bob Hall selected to lead new innovative program at Elmbrook Schools
- Review: Sunset's 'Spelling Bee' gets them all right
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?