Elm Grove residents now have a new local Web site where they share news, opinions and photos with their neighbors, and get the latest local news and information about their community.
Community Newspapers Inc. and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel have launched ElmGroveNOW.com, one of 26 unique local NOW sites in the Milwaukee area. Other communities with sites include Brookfield, Waukesha and Wauwatosa.
A key feature of each site is a YourSpace section, where area residents can submit photos and stories or start a blog.
For those wanting to do more than just submit an occasional news item, residents are invited to start a "Community Voices" blog. This provides an opportunity to weigh in regularly on any topic imaginable.
While stories and photos submitted by readers will be integral parts of ElmGroveNOW.com, they're not the only things available.
The latest news about Elm Grove will be posted from the newsrooms of Community Newspapers and the Journal Sentinel, as well as the weekly police blotter, recent home sale prices and events on the Community Calendar.
The site also features CommunityWatch, patterned after the popular NewsWatch on the Journal Sentinel's Web site. CommunityWatch provides breaking news of interest to Elm Grove residents by reporters at both Community Newspapers and the Journal Sentinel.
The site is still in beta mode, which means technicians are making changes to it just about every day.
Visitors are asked to contact NOW Online Editor Mark Maley if they see something that doesn't look quite right. All feedback is appreciated. Members of an organization who would like a representative to come to a meeting and demonstrate how it all works, or those interested in starting a blog, should also contact Maley.
Direct comments or questions to Maley at (262) 317-8757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Brookfield East choir to perform with Foreigner at Waukesha County Fair
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Wisconsin Athletic Club nearing town of Brookfield opening
- Elm Grove setting up for second Great Campout
- Brookfield officials happy to see Biloba expansion
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: July 21
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- In Brief: Local legislators unchallenged, county clerk faces contest
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 21