A partially decomposed body was found under bushes on the east side of the UPS building, 12400 W. Bluemound Road, about 3:20 p.m. Sunday, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Elm Grove police responded to the scene, but determined the dead body, about 150 yards east of the UPS access road, was just over the border, in Wauwatosa, the report states. Officers from both departments taped off the area.
Elm Grove Assistant Police Chief Jason Hennen said Elm Grove officers were not further involved in the case, which was taken over by Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa Police Department had no formal police report on the incident as of 10:30 a.m. except a "dead on arrival" call from officers who were dispatched Sunday, said Karla Ordal, records clerk.
Neither Police Chief Barry Weber nor Lt. Christopher Fox could be reached for comment.
NOW will post more information if it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi's request for more funding supported by users of the service
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield students raise $500 for Elmbrook Humane Society
- Elm Grove experiencing a spree of thefts
- Brookfield project would call for city outlay of up to $2.6 million
- Business Spotlight: Brookfield's Game Universe West lets you match wits face to face
- Car as a canvas: Artists paint car for Hidden River Art Festival in Brookfield
- Business Notes: Sept. 18
- On the Move: Sept. 11