A partially decomposed body was found under bushes on the east side of the UPS building, 12400 W. Bluemound Road, about 3:20 p.m. Sunday, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Elm Grove police responded to the scene, but determined the dead body, about 150 yards east of the UPS access road, was just over the border, in Wauwatosa, the report states. Officers from both departments taped off the area.
Elm Grove Assistant Police Chief Jason Hennen said Elm Grove officers were not further involved in the case, which was taken over by Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa Police Department had no formal police report on the incident as of 10:30 a.m. except a "dead on arrival" call from officers who were dispatched Sunday, said Karla Ordal, records clerk.
Neither Police Chief Barry Weber nor Lt. Christopher Fox could be reached for comment.
NOW will post more information if it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia
- Elm Grove man takes reins of Wisconsin Philharmonic
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- On the Move: Oct. 23
- Brookfield, hungry for housing, studies plans for hundreds of new apartments
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Man suspected in Brookfield bank robbery arrested
- Brookfield police, like all other city employees, will make pension contributions
- Brookfield Village to host 2nd Arts and Spirits Crawl