A partially decomposed body was found under bushes on the east side of the UPS building, 12400 W. Bluemound Road, about 3:20 p.m. Sunday, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Elm Grove police responded to the scene, but determined the dead body, about 150 yards east of the UPS access road, was just over the border, in Wauwatosa, the report states. Officers from both departments taped off the area.
Elm Grove Assistant Police Chief Jason Hennen said Elm Grove officers were not further involved in the case, which was taken over by Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa Police Department had no formal police report on the incident as of 10:30 a.m. except a "dead on arrival" call from officers who were dispatched Sunday, said Karla Ordal, records clerk.
Neither Police Chief Barry Weber nor Lt. Christopher Fox could be reached for comment.
NOW will post more information if it becomes available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney
- Local couple looks to re-energize fitness center
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- County accepting bids for demolition of Eble Barn
- ActionCoach of Brookfield helps businesses grow and prosper