We invite you to join my family, Brookfield's Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry, the Brookfield Central Honor Society and Key Club, Boy Scout Troop 23, Milwaukee SAI Center, friends and neighbors for an enjoyable morning at Brookfield's 10th annual garlic mustard weed-out.
It will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 17, rain or shine.
Education that can be applied to your own yard, as well as in the park, will be provided.
Why should we improve one little park, or even our yards, when invasive species are everywhere?
Just as teaching one struggling student to read doesn't end all illiteracy, that one person becomes better able to survive and contribute. This one little park with it's lovely native wildflowers and trees, plus animals, birds and insects that depend upon them for survival, will be better off — and so will we. Mary Knoll Park is a lot better off because of consistent and thorough annual attention.
Past participants have commented on how surprisingly enjoyable it is to work in the park with birds chirping, flowers in bloom, and surrounded by good company.
Bags will be provided and volunteers are encouraged to wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts, sturdy shoes and gloves, and to bring a water bottle.
Mary Knoll Park is located at 615 S. Sunny Slope Road. Please call (262) 796-6675 to volunteer. Registration is not mandatory, but gives us an idea of how many volunteers to expect.
Hope to see you there.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29