It started with a report of a dog in the Motel 6 swimming pool and ended with a shirtless, drugged-up man in handcuffs, according to a town of Brookfield police report.
According to the report:
Officers were called to the Motel 6 in the town of Brookfield just after 4 p.m. July 22 because a dog was swimming in the pool.
They found a 29-year-old man and a dog that was not in the water, but appeared wet. The Schofield man insisted it wasn't his dog, but his friends'. When it was determined the man did not have a valid reservation at the motel, he was asked to leave.
In the parking lot, officers noticed a woman leaving Bullwinkle's bar, which is next door, and the Schofield man identified her as the dog's owner. The 35-year-old Oconomowoc woman said the dog belonged to another man who had already left because he was wanted on outstanding warrants.
The woman described the man as having red shorts, no shirt and no shoes.
Police found him hiding in the weeds behind Bullwinkle's. He told officers he'd taken four oxycodone pills, saying he was confessing this because he didn't want to go through withdrawals in jail.
The man was taken to Elmbrook Hospital to be evaluated and was arrested on the outstanding warrants and for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New state program helps find missing Brookfield man
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 2
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 25
- Elm Grove looks at pair of new pathways
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- On the Move: Sept.25
- New Elm Grove Library director a familiar face
- Brookfield moves slowly on chicken ordinance