The city of Brookfield Police Department arrested four people for driving under the influence of intoxicants between 9:20 p.m. Friday and 1:30 a.m. Saturday.
"Obviously, this problem is not going away any time soon," Capt. Phil Horter said in a news release. "We will continue to aggressively attack this issue with on-duty personnel and utilizing additional personnel with grant funding provided to us (from state and federal government)."
A 42-year-old Pewaukee woman was arrested for her third offense of drunken driving at 9:21 p.m. Friday.
A 49-year-old Germantown man was arrested for drunken driving after he crashed his motorcycle on Moorland Road at 9:43 p.m. Friday.
A 30-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for drunken driving at 12:17 a.m. Saturday.
A 21-year-old Brookfield man was arrested for drunken driving at 1:14 a.m. Saturday.
In addition, two people were cited for speeding, two were warned for speeding, three people were warned for registration violations, 12 people were given warnings for equipment violations and 15 people were given warnings for other minor moving violations and not having a front license plate.
The enforcement effort involved a combination of on-duty personnel and additional officer hours paid for through grant funding.
- Video: Elmbrook Education Foundation awards first student grant
- BEAST Robotics advances to World competition
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18