The city of Brookfield Police Department arrested four people for driving under the influence of intoxicants between 9:20 p.m. Friday and 1:30 a.m. Saturday.
"Obviously, this problem is not going away any time soon," Capt. Phil Horter said in a news release. "We will continue to aggressively attack this issue with on-duty personnel and utilizing additional personnel with grant funding provided to us (from state and federal government)."
A 42-year-old Pewaukee woman was arrested for her third offense of drunken driving at 9:21 p.m. Friday.
A 49-year-old Germantown man was arrested for drunken driving after he crashed his motorcycle on Moorland Road at 9:43 p.m. Friday.
A 30-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for drunken driving at 12:17 a.m. Saturday.
A 21-year-old Brookfield man was arrested for drunken driving at 1:14 a.m. Saturday.
In addition, two people were cited for speeding, two were warned for speeding, three people were warned for registration violations, 12 people were given warnings for equipment violations and 15 people were given warnings for other minor moving violations and not having a front license plate.
The enforcement effort involved a combination of on-duty personnel and additional officer hours paid for through grant funding.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29