On Jan. 20, 15 students from Wisconsin Hills and Pilgrim Park middle schools and Tonawanda, Burleigh and Swanson elementary schools competed in the Elmbrook District Spelling Bee at Wisconsin Hills.
Elizabeth Peterson, an eighth-grade student from Wisconsin Hills, was the top speller.
The top six spellers from the district bee will compete in the regional spelling bee Feb. 13. They are: Peterson; Jackson Golla, a seventh-grader at Wisconsin Hills Middle School; Rawan Hamadeh, a sixth-grader at Wisconsin Hills Middle School; Jack Laubusch, a fourth-grader at Tonawanda Elementary; Ryan Lim, a fourth-grader at Burleigh Elementary; and Ridhi Mohan, a third-grader at Burleigh Elementary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Upcoming meetings: July 24, 2014
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- In brief: July 24
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney