On Jan. 20, 15 students from Wisconsin Hills and Pilgrim Park middle schools and Tonawanda, Burleigh and Swanson elementary schools competed in the Elmbrook District Spelling Bee at Wisconsin Hills.
Elizabeth Peterson, an eighth-grade student from Wisconsin Hills, was the top speller.
The top six spellers from the district bee will compete in the regional spelling bee Feb. 13. They are: Peterson; Jackson Golla, a seventh-grader at Wisconsin Hills Middle School; Rawan Hamadeh, a sixth-grader at Wisconsin Hills Middle School; Jack Laubusch, a fourth-grader at Tonawanda Elementary; Ryan Lim, a fourth-grader at Burleigh Elementary; and Ridhi Mohan, a third-grader at Burleigh Elementary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stores to open doors earlier on Thanksgiving at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield East students spend four days out in the wilderness for 'Trees For Tomorrow' workshop
- Brookfield, Elm Grove governments give more to senior taxi service
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Nov. 20
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 20
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Irgens opens TIF talks in Brookfield, gets approval on other steps
- Neumann hopes for more success in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Nov. 20
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel