On Jan. 20, 15 students from Wisconsin Hills and Pilgrim Park middle schools and Tonawanda, Burleigh and Swanson elementary schools competed in the Elmbrook District Spelling Bee at Wisconsin Hills.
Elizabeth Peterson, an eighth-grade student from Wisconsin Hills, was the top speller.
The top six spellers from the district bee will compete in the regional spelling bee Feb. 13. They are: Peterson; Jackson Golla, a seventh-grader at Wisconsin Hills Middle School; Rawan Hamadeh, a sixth-grader at Wisconsin Hills Middle School; Jack Laubusch, a fourth-grader at Tonawanda Elementary; Ryan Lim, a fourth-grader at Burleigh Elementary; and Ridhi Mohan, a third-grader at Burleigh Elementary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Midwest Gaming Classic to bring plenty of fun to Sheraton
- Elm Grove Junior Guild's Tree of Giving returns
- In Brief: Recycling event planned in May
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: March 19
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Wheelchair basketball conference championship coming to Brookfield
- Early beginnings: Brookfield Central High senior becomes accomplished student composer
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design