After initially considering a winter holiday firework display, Elm Grove officials have decided to reschedule the Fourth of July Fireworks for Sept. 2. The Independence Day show was canceled due to extreme heat and dry conditions.
Elm Grove officials and the Fourth of July Committee had bounced around the idea of pairing the rescheduled fireworks with Christmas in the Grove. That plan was apparently rejected by the Parks and Recreation Committee because shortly after its meeting, a news release was sent out by the village detailing the Labor Day festivities.
There will be soda, beer and other refreshment sold, as well as extended pool hours from 1 to 8 p.m.
A DJ will play and food will be sold from 6:30 until 8 p.m. with the fireworks to follow.
According to the release, if the village's burn ban remains in effect, the fireworks will again be canceled.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library