"We always enjoy the artwork from students each year," said Gaylene Townsley, co-chair of the 43rd annual art competition sponsored by the Elm Grove Woman's Club.
The club is challenging Elmbrook School District students in grades nine through 12 to enter the contest and compete for scholarships by submitting three original pieces of artwork in any medium from 5 to 7 p.m. March 20 at the organization's clubhouse, 13885 Watertown Plank Road.
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two graduating seniors who will be enrolled in an accredited college. The students do not have to major or minor in art to receive the scholarships. In addition, one $250 art grant will be awarded to a student in grades nine through 11.
Competitors need to attach to each piece of art an official entry form that is available from district art teachers or can be downloaded from the Elm Grove Woman's Club site, www.egwc.org.
An independent, anonymous panel of judges will review the artwork March 21, and the winners will be revealed during the reception and art show at 7 p.m. March 22.
"We get art in almost every medium, including ceramics, oils, charcoal, water colors, fabrics and photography," Townsley said. "We have noticed an increase in computer-generated art."
For information, call the Elm Grove Woman's Club at (262) 782-5930.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence
- Grilled cheese specialty restaurant Tom and Chee plans spring opening in Elm Grove
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 12
- Limited ballot awaits Brookfield, Elm Grove voters
- Business Notes: Feb. 12
- News & Notes: Feb. 12, 2015