Don't let the name deceive you.
For years, Le Cakery has been known for its cakes and bakery, but Hakan Hare has expanded its menu offering since assuming ownership of the restaurant in 2008 to include lunch and dinner selections.
"I would describe Le Cakery's menu as contemporary in a causal dining atmosphere with paninis, soups, fresh deli sandwiches, salads and pizzas," Hare said. "A lot of people associate Le Cakery with just wedding and birthday cakes, but we are so much more than just that."
Located in the heart of Elm Grove at 13320 Watertown Plank Road, Le Cakery boasts a menu with selections in the $6 to $10 range for breakfast and lunch and $13 to $19 for its pizzas.
Paninis have steadily become popular lunch and dinner options with customers. Of the seven paninis available, the chicken artichoke and southwest turkey club are favorites among customers, Hare said.
Other menu items that Hare said resonate well with customers include the turkey, cheddar and cranberry deli sandwich, Asian chicken salad and the seafood pizza. For pizza lovers, Le Cakery features a weekday lunch special of a six-inch personal pizza with a house or Caesar salad for $6. Its take-and-bake pizzas are perfect to make at home for dinner, Hare said.
The restaurant also serves sit-down breakfast including omelets, quiches and other selections that go well with coffee, specialty coffees and tea.
Of course Le Cakery hasn't abandoned its roots. Every day fresh bakery such as muffins, brownies and other sweet treats are prepared.
Hare said Le Cakery can cater events of all sizes, and its menu is just right for take-out serving corporate lunch functions.
Just the Stats
NAME: Le Cakery
ADDRESS: 13320 Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove
PHONE: (262) 789-0500
OWNER: Hakan Hare
CUISINE: American cuisine with gluten free and vegetarian options
PRICES: for lunch and dinner, $6 to $19
Grab a Bite is an informal look at the food scene in Wauwatosa, Brookfield and Elm Grove. Send your suggestion for this column to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Breakfast is back at Cosmos Cafe
- Red Dot aims to duplicate East Side success in Wauwatosa
- There's No Place Like Hom Woodfired Grill
- Mo's Irish Pub: A lively Irish American neighborhood eatery
- Sluggo's Sports Pub & Grill: Back in business on Burleigh
- Tall Guy and a Grill: BBQ finds new heights
- Cocina DeLeon: Old-world gourmet Mexican you make at home
- Burke's Irish Castle carrying on a local Irish legacy
- Albanese's Roadhouse serves up generations of Italian blessings
- BelAir Cantina: A breezy, Cali-Mex casual eatery
- Jake's: More than just steak and potatoes
- Sherbrooke: A bit of Canada right in Tosa, eh
- Colonel Hart's: A true neighborhood hangout
- Caroline's, with homemade lunch and sweets just like mom made
- Ted's: It's Cheers without the beers
- Penelope's: A labor of love in heart of Elm Grove
- Drink in a bit of island life at Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar in Wauwatosa
- North Avenue Grill Same name, new owner
- North Avenue Grill: Same name, new owner
- Andrea's Red Rooster a spot for business or casual dining