Mark Hansen will be the next superintendent of the Elmbrook School District beginning July 1.
A Friday morning news release said Hansen's contract will be approved at the Feb. 28 School Board meeting. Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations Keith Brightman said he expects Hansen to be present.
Hansen, currently the chief academic officer in the Pewaukee School District, will replace Matt Gibson, who will retire after 17 years of service.
Hansen will receive an annual salary package of $175,000, Brightman said.
In the announcement, School Board President Tom Gehl described Hansen as "an educational leader of the highest personal integrity, one who is committed to building upon Elmbrook's established reputation to attain higher levels of curricular excellence for all students and families."
Also in the release, Hansen noted," I am honored and humbled to be joining the Elmbrook team working toward continued excellence. The opportunity to work with the district's engaged School Board, dedicated administrators, talented teachers and staff, inspiring students and committed parents and community members is a dream come true."
Prior to Hansen's current position, he was the assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction in the Waukesha School District. His administrative experience that began in 1996 includes serving as principal of Waukesha South High School, assistant principal of Waukesha North High School, assistant principal of Brown Deer High School and assistant principal of Pewaukee Middle School.
Those administrative positions followed his career as a teacher.
Currently pursuing his Ph.D., which he expects to complete in May of 2013, Hansen received his superintendent certification from Cardinal Stritch University in 2001. He earned a master's degree in educational leadership from Marian College in 1997 and a bachelor of science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 1993.
He is an adjunct professor at Carroll University and Cardinal Stritch University.
The announcement said that Hansen and Gibson will work together to ensure a smooth transition and that staff, students, parents and community members will have the opportunity to meet the new superintendent at "meet and greet" events.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: March 5
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence