The Elmbrook School Board voted, 6-1, tonight to close Hillside Elementary School after this school year ends.
Board member Bob Ziegler provided the lone dissenting vote, saying the board should see a redistricting plan before making the decision.
A plan for redistricting Elmbrook's remaining elementary schools is expected to be unveiled in November.
The decision was greeted with jeers from the crowd of about 150 people who came to witness the vote, most of whom oppose the closing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: March 5
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence