The Elmbrook School Board voted, 6-1, tonight to close Hillside Elementary School after this school year ends.
Board member Bob Ziegler provided the lone dissenting vote, saying the board should see a redistricting plan before making the decision.
A plan for redistricting Elmbrook's remaining elementary schools is expected to be unveiled in November.
The decision was greeted with jeers from the crowd of about 150 people who came to witness the vote, most of whom oppose the closing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Midwest Gaming Classic to bring plenty of fun to Sheraton
- Elm Grove Junior Guild's Tree of Giving returns
- In Brief: Recycling event planned in May
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: March 19
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Wheelchair basketball conference championship coming to Brookfield
- Early beginnings: Brookfield Central High senior becomes accomplished student composer
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design