The Elm Grove Fire Department responded a fire early Monday morning that nearly destroyed an Elm Grove home.
There were no reported injuries to occupants or emergency personnel. Police Chief Jim Gage said no one was home when fire and police personnel arrived just before 3 a.m. in the 15000 block of Westover Road. Brookfield, Waukesha, New Berlin, Menomonee Falls, Lannon and Muskego also responded.
The cause of the fire, which officials said was under control by 4 a.m., is still under investigation. No origin has been determined at this time.
Early estimate of structural loss is $407,300. Total assessed value of the home, including land, is $548,000, based on 2012 property tax listings. The home had been listed for sale.
It was not immediately known whether the home had working smoke detectors or a fire alarm system.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Sensenbrenner tells Brookfield Republicans flag should not have been lowered for Mandela
- Elmbrook refinances debt services at lower rate, saves taxpayers $350,000